The Town Plan is the community road map that lays out Town needs, goals and aspirations. The Plan is implemented through land use regulations such as the Bylaws and the Capital Improvements Plan. The Town plan along with other other Town planning documents are located to left of the page and have the year they were conducted, or implemented in their title.
Click Here to view the 2019 St. Albans Route 7 Livability Study
The Department of Planning also collaborates with residents, community partners, other municipal, regional and state agencies to create plans that assess community needs and guide future investment and policy.
Megan Sherlund - Director of Community Development
(802) 524-7589 ext. 103
Planning initiatives currently underway:
- Health Path Feasibility Study - Connecting Collins Perley Sports & Fitness Center with the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail
- Route 7 North Shared Use Path - Connecting the City of St. Albans sidewalk network to the northern commercial corridor
- Unified Development Bylaws Update - See a copy of the most recent bylaw updates by clicking here
- Land Use Practices Review
- Developing a Private Roads Policy